Step 1: Eligibility
- The business must be at least 51% owned by a minority and/or a woman.
- The minority and/or female owner must hold the highest position in the company and be capable of exercising direct control over the daily, as well as long-term decisions regarding the management, policies and operations of the firm.
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident.
Step 2: Certification Process
Missouri Applicants only:
- Complete the M/WBE Certification Application
- After completion, the applicant must return the signed and notarized affidavit, along with additional documentation required for certification.
- On-site visit to the applicant’s business must be conducted before certification can be granted or denied
- Please review the attached list of requirements. Out-of-State Guidelines
- A copy of your current M/WBE Certificate must accompany the Missouri M/WBE Certification Application.
Only applicant firms that are located in Missouri and whom have been certified as an M/WBE by another certifying entity are eligible to apply for Rapid Certification.
A copy of the applicant’s current certificate must be included with the completed application and any documentation required under Rapid Response.