- Certification as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and/or Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) provides greater opportunities for these businesses to participate on state bids as prime contractors or as subcontractors.
- All certified M/WBE vendors appear on the Office of Equal Opportunity Directory of Certified M/WBE vendors. Prime contractors and state agencies alike use this site as a resource in soliciting certified minority and/or woman participation for ongoing projects.
- Certified M/WBE members are utilized by state agencies in various procurements for general services and vertical construction. The M/WBE certification is not used for Highway Construction Contracts let by the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), which participates in the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program. For information on DBE Certification please visit http://www.modot.org/ecr/
- Certified M/WBE members are invited to participate in various networking events, training and regional workshops.
To become M/WBE certified with the State of Missouri, a business must meet the following requirements:
- At least 51 percent of the business must be owned by a minority and/or a woman;
- The minority and/or woman owner must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident of the U.S.;
- The minority and/or woman owner must hold the highest position in the company and be capable of exercising direct control over the daily, as well as long-term decisions regarding the management, policies and operations of the firm; and
- The business must be organized as a for-profit business.
These logos may be used by vendors who are currently certified with the State of Missouri’s Office of Equal Opportunity’s (OEO) MBE/WBE Certification Program. This logo is intended solely for marketing purposes—and should not be used to verify a firm’s certification status. Please go to OEO’s Vendor Directory—here—or contact our office for verification. To maintain the integrity of the certification program and certified MBE/WBE businesses, unauthorized use of the logo in connection with a business not currently certified as an MBE/WBE with the State of Missouri is not permissible.